Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Low-carbohydrate diets increase LDL: debunking the myth

I recently finished read "Good Calories, Bad Calories" by Gary Taubes. It was quite an eye opener and I have tried to make a lot of changes to my diet. Even before reading the book I had already made a conscious effort to reduce the carbohydrates (mostly complex ones.) One concern for most people including myself, has been the elevated LDL cholesterol. This article by Dr. Michael R. Eades does an excellent job of addressing these concerns. I suggest reading the book for a more detailed explanation.

BTW, I have lost weight, reduced my triglycerides from 139 to 103 within a few months of casual control. I am going to get the test done for the result of more rigorous control (stopped sugar completely.)
[via Free the Animal ]

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

gc,bc is the book. also consider the great cholesterol con by kendrick and life w/o bread by wolfgang lutz.